Thursday, October 11, 2012

Two New Print Ad Technologies That Will Blow Your Mind

It seems to be common knowledge that print is dying these days as magazines, books and newspapers decline in sales. Here are a couple of new technologies now being tried out in print advertising that definitely announce that print isn't dead just yet.

The first was a small thin video playback engine placed in 1000 copies of the current issue of Entertainment Magazine. I'm told that it costs 55 cents per unit, and was used only as a test to gauge the reception. Very cool.



The next one will appear in the the Oct. 15th issue of Sports Illustrated and is something that Lexus developed in-house called CinePrint that's hailed as an "interactive" advert. I'm not so sure about the interactivity, but it sure looks amazing.



I'm not so sure that I'd buy the magazine just for this kind of tech, but I'd certainly pay attention to the advert. If anyone has any inside info on either of these, please let me know.

-----------------------------------
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...