- 1 in 4 people abandon a web page if it takes more than 4 seconds to load.
- 50% of mobile users abandon a page if it doesn't load in 10 seconds.
- 40% of mobile shoppers will abandon an e-commerce site that doesn't load in 3 seconds.
- Google found that slowing search results by just 4/10ths of a second would reduce the number of searches by 8 million a day.
- Amazon estimates that it could lose up to $1.6 billion a year because of as little as a 1 second web page delay.
A couple of other quick facts; the majority of Americans will not wait in line longer than 15 minutes, and half of them would not return to an establishment that kept them waiting. But we didn't need a study to tell us that.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.