Thursday, October 31, 2013

Twitter Has A Quitter Problem

The major social networks all have their own set of problems. Facebook is beginning to lose people and brands because they have a harder time reaching their friends and followers unless they advertise. Twitter, on the other hand, has a problem in that it's more of a broadcast medium, and not easy to pick up followers unless you have something that many think is worth following.

As a result, Twitter has a growing apathy problem, as more and more people have accounts but aren't active on the network. Here's a great chart from Statista that reflects a Reuters/Ipsos poll on the subject.

twitter-has-a-quitter-problem
You will find more statistics at Statista
----------------------------------

Follow me on Forbes for some insights on the new music business.

You should follow me on Twitter and Facebook for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your site.

It appears like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen.
Can someone else please comment and let me
know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.

Thanks

Look into my web-site - voyance gratuite par téléphone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...